According to the UAE law, all every business in Dubai that provides training has to be registered with the relevant regulatory authority supervising training in each one of the emirates. For Dubai, this authority is the Knowledge & Human Development Authority (KHDA). This department is part of the approvals and issuer of licenses for the specific purpose of enabling investors to establish a training business in Dubai.
Regulators like these are important in the UAE because:
a. They regulate the matters regarding such companies
b. They regulate the quality of service and pricing
c. They issue the standards that the companies need to maintain
d. They make sure the services are in-line with the laws of the UAE
The KHDA supervises the private education sector in Dubai, which includes early childhood education centres, schools, providers of higher education, and training institutes and other such facilities. The aim of the regulatory authority is to make sure that the education sector in Dubai develops continuously according to the need of time. A goal of the authority is also to expand the value and products of education.
There may be a difference when it comes to issuing licenses to training institutes in mainland and free zones.
After the pre-approval is issued by the supervising authority that is free zone or Department of Economic Development mainland, the next step is the finalisation of the business setup in Dubai plan and layout for the facility, which is required to be submitted to KHDA for initial approval.
The educational course materials also need to be submitted for approval along with the supporting documents of the teachers and instructors. Once the approval is issued by the regulator, the licence shall then be issued by the respective supervising authority where the institute is being registered.
Setting up a training institute in Dubai can be a difficult task, considering the process and approvals required, and there are many factors to take into consideration.
What do you need to do for a KHDA approval?
a. Choose the type of institute
The KHDA accepts applications for a very wide range of education-related activities. Whether it is early childhood care, private tutoring, or management training, the authority will accept your application for every case.
b. Complete your registration plan
You need to have a complete and detailed business setup in Dubai plan for the authority to approve your planned activity.
- You will have to show your purpose and tell how you add value
- You will have to demonstrate the demand for training you provide
- Show your experience and qualifications of your staff
- Provide details of training and non-training services
- Provide information on the kinds of certificates that you provide
- Give details about your resources including equipment and classrooms
c. Complete the application form
Now, you need to complete an educational services permit form which is simple to complete.
d. Collate the required paperwork
You need to provide documentation regarding personal details as well. This will include:
- Name reservation from the relevant commercial authority and initial approval
- Application form (all fields should be typed)
- Registration plan
- Passport copies of all shareholders of the institute (Colored)
- Passport copy of director/manager of the institute (Colored)
- Notary public signature for each shareholder and the manager
- Resume of the director or the manager
- An undertaking from the manager attesting that they will manage the training institute full-time, and including the proposed working hours
- The course list
e.Submit your application
Submit your application online via the regulator’s e-services portal. You will also need to pay any relevant fees as part of your application process.
Business Consultants Dubai like the Company registration UAE can help you with all these details and documentation. The firm can get you the approvals and help you obtain the much needed license that you are after. Business Consultants Dubai at the firm will provide you with business registration and company formation services and also provide support services like bank account opening and pro services.